1. SHOPBOP What do names like Marc Jacobs, Alice + Olivia, Theory and Citizens of Humanity all have in common? Aside from helping us look trčs magnifique this holiday season, they also happen to make the little hairs on the back of our neck stand up. Shopbop, one of the best shopping websites out there for all of your winter needs and beyond, has a super selection of winter coats from brands like Miss Sixty & Trina Turk as well as perfect little party dresses from the likes of Catherine Malandrino & Diane von Furstenberg. When it comes to others this holiday season, how 'bout warming the toes of those who warm your heart with a coveted pair of UGG boots? You certainly can’t go wrong with the gift of thong from Hanky Panky. So many choices, so little time. Take it from us girls…it’s definitely the right time to shop ‘til you bop!
Special Promotion: Scoop du Jour readers receive $20 off any purchase of $100 or more when you enter "SCOOPDUJOUR" upon checkout. Offer valid thru 12/31/04. Plus, take an additional 20% off the purchase of any Sale Priced puffy coat, vest or parka from Juicy when you enter "SCOOPJUICY20" upon checkout. Offer valid thru 12/25/04.
2. AMENITY Nervous that your guy’s beard may finally upstage Santa’s this year? Has Dad’s “distinguished” look turned into a full-blown facial coif? Before the men in your life get lost in their own chin’s tresses, it’s time to get Amenity. Amenity’s extensive product line provides all the lathering, cooling, cleansing and moisturizing his tired, shaved skin could ask for this holiday season. Even better, Amenity boasts all-natural and organic products. And while facial shaving is more or less a gentleman’s world, Amenity has even joined the fight against breast cancer. Amen…ity!
Special Promotion: Scoop du Jour readers receive 20% off all Amenity products when you enter "SCOOP" upon checkout. Offer valid thru the end of January.
3. MY CHARMED LIFE We don’t presume to know how you do your holiday shopping, but we’ve really taken to the handy alphabet system. Susie=sweater, Billy=basketball. This may just be the year to rethink a few things, which is where My Charmed Life comes in. With over 1,400 sterling silver charms incorporating a slew of personalities from Mom’s love of all things equine (stirrup, saddle, horseshoe) to Sister’s diva-like tendencies (credit card, stiletto, tiara) this is one gift that’s sure to capture the essence of its recipient. Worn by women from coast to coast, when it comes to My Charmed Life, creativity is definitely the name of this game. All maxed out on creativity this season? Not to worry, My Charmed Life also offers 14 ready-made charm bracelets and pins. Whichever option you choose, everyone on your list will be charmed, we're sure.
Special Promotion: Scoop du Jour readers receive 10% off all orders when you enter "SCOOP" upon checkout. Offer valid thru 1/31/05.
4. BARE NECESSITIES After finding just the right gift for your boss’ cousin’s girlfriend’s ex, it’s time for a reality check. Sure the holidays are a time for giving, but don’t forget about your needs. Call us Scrooge if you must, but holiday shopping can be downright exhausting and Bare Necessities is the perfect shoulder to cry on. A long day of dashing around town to find just the right gift deserves a cozy pair of pj’s to say the least. That hot holiday party next week most definitely calls for some festive skivvies. And that eggnog, cookie & slice of pie (did we mention eggnog?) may scream for some shapewear a la Bridget Jones. Because feeling good and treating yourself is the most generous gift of all.
Special Promotion: Scoop du Jour readers receive Free Shipping on all orders over $75. Offer valid thru 1/6/05. No promotion code necessary.
5. LOOPED We’re all for waiting ‘til the last minute to kick off our New Year’s resolutions (read: 11:59 p.m., January 1st). But there’s one thing we wouldn’t mind getting a jump-start on…getting rid of those unsightly hair ties that have somehow taken up permanent residence on our wrist. It’s time for the world to meet Looped. Super-elastic Looped bracelets double as hair ties which minimize the loss factor while at the same time ensuring that we never sacrifice a moment of fashion. Plus, loop a few together to create anklets, lariat necklaces, boot charms and more. If only all our New Year’s resolutions were this easy...
Special Promotion: Scoop du Jour readers Buy One Get One Free when you enter "SDJ" upon checkout. Offer good thru 1/8/05.